Be a current member of Hemophilia of Iowa, Inc. (HOI) for the year 2022. Memberships are on a calendar year schedule. Your membership must be submitted on or before March 21, 2022 when scholarship applications are due.
- Must reside in the HOI service area (State of Iowa or if outside the State of Iowa, must seek care at the UIHC Treatment Center) unless prior arrangements are made.
- Must have a diagnosed bleeding disorder or be an immediate family member (sibling, child, or caregiver) of someone that has a diagnosed bleeding disorder (diagnosed bleeding disorder is defined as a person who is being followed with a treatment plan).
- Verification of diagnosis may be required from your physician upon request (you will be notified if this is required).
- High school graduate before or in 2022.
- Be enrolled in a degree seeking program at an accredited college, university, or trade school in the United States during the 2022-2023 academic year for a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- Either you or a representative of your immediate family must be present at the Scholarship Award Ceremony at the HOI Annual Meeting April 9, 2022 in order to receive any scholarship awarded.